Buy Polish Horseshoes here: http://yardiesus.com/polish-horseshoes.html.
- Take the two 25” poles that are solid grey and screw the bottom aluminum insert of each pole into corresponding black circular base.
- Take the two 25” poles that have the Yardies trademark and the red top and screw the aluminum insert of these poles into the corresponding end of the poles you just attached to the circular bases
- Separate these two poles by 25-40 feet
- Place a bottle on top of each pole
- Separate into 2 teams of two and pick a side
- Each team pick one side of the Yardies disc (logo or no logo) and flip the Yardies disc in the air. Whatever side it lands on has first toss.
- The object of the offensive side is to knock the bottle off of the opposing teams pole.
- To do this, one player will throw the Yardies disc, aiming at the other team’s bottle or pole, in attempt to knock the bottle off.
- Alternate turns between players.
- Between turns, offense alternates to defense as the other team throws.
- The object of the defensive side is to prevent the Yardies disc and bottle from hitting the ground.
- If the other team does not knock off the bottle the defense must catch the Yardies disc thrown by the other team. Failure to do so will result in a point being awarded to the offense.
- If the other team does hit the pole or bottle and the bottle falls off of the pole, the defense must catch both the Yardies disc and the bottle. Failure to do so will result in a point (for each object) being awarded to the offense.
OPTIONAL Tailgate Play
Use an empty beverage can (*must be one you have finished during the
span of the game) to deflect an incoming Yardies disc from hitting your pole or bottle.
Scoring: Scoring occurs on offense only
- Offense hits pole, knocking off bottle
- Defense fails to catch bottle and disc: 2 points
- Defense catches either bottle or disc but not both: 1 point
- Defense catches both bottle and disc: 0 points
- Offense hits bottle, knocking off bottle
- Defense fails to catch bottle and disc: 3 points
- Defense catches either bottle or disc but not both: 2 points
- Defense catches both bottle and disc: 1 point
First Team to 21 Wins